16 Feb 2013

Spicy Garlic Prawns

Weeks ago, I had a very strong craving for seafood thus I decided to cook prawns at home.
I don't see many restaurants selling seafood here apart from fish and chips stores, or maybe I just don't look around enough. Fish and chips are lovely, but I was in the mood for a seafood dish with a lot more attitude (aww yisss)
I'm talking about Asian-style seafood dishes. You know, Singaporean chilli crab, crab with Padangnese sauce, black pepper crab, sweet soy sauce & butter prawns, and the list goes on. urgh.

killer couple these two..
One of my favourite combination is garlic and prawns. They are meant for each other. Well basically, garlic goes with anything. I put garlic in almost every dish I make. That's why in my world, garlic rule!!
Since garlic and prawns are oh-so-good together, I decided to give a little bit of kick of heat which comes in a form of sriracha. This is like a killer triangle love story. Oh man.. So good.




Spicy Sriracha Garlic Prawns
Serves : 1 (because I'm a loner and I eat a lot)

Ingredients: 

  • 8-10 pieces of fresh prawns, skin & tails on (heads removed) , vein removed.
  • 1 pot of boiling water 
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
  • 70 g of butter, melted
  • Sriracha hot sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • cooked rice for serving
1. In a pot of boiling water, par-boil the prawns by dunking them in for just 1 minutes until the color changes slightly. Take them out, set aside
2. On a pan (medium heat on the stove), pour the melted butter and chopped garlic and stir until aromatic.
3. Add the prawns and coat to stir the prawns with the lovely garlic-y butter.
4. Squirt some sriracha sauce (depending on your tolerance level to spicy food, mine's strong so I put a little bit more) and stir until the prawns are coated well. 
5. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the prawns are cooked and the sriracha has caramelized. Turn off the heat.
6. Serve it with a warm fluffy white rice. Don't forget to drizzle the prawns with the garlic-y butter & sriracha mixture from the pan!


Make sure when you eat it, you don't waste the beautiful sauce. Let the rice do its job by soaking all the sauce ~ You can always suck the sauce off the prawns and then peel them but peeling is unnecessary at this stage. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. aku ga sadar ada comment. ahhaha. this one was yummy han! coba gih ! heheh

      Delete
  2. looks delish!
    make me simply drolling....

    ReplyDelete