30 Nov 2013

Cheaties Chicken Mushroom Pizza

Who doesn't like pizza?
I don't think I have ever come across someone that hates pizza. 
Eventhough some of you might think pizza it's just an "ok" dish, I bet you will happily eat a slice or two if it's infront of you. 
But one or two slices is not enough for Alv, le boyfie. 
He is a pizza maniac. He can eat half of a SERIOUSLY large pizza in one go. 
I don't know what's wrong with this kid's stomach but he surely can eat pizza any time, any day. 
I promised him to one day make him a pizza and I did. 
He is more into creamy sauce pizzas while I'm more into the tomato based pizzas. 
But being a good sport, I made the one that he likes.
This pizza recipe is so freaking easy since I used 2 store-bought cheaties that will make pizza making a breeze.


Chicken Mushroom Pizza
serves 2 hungry pizza eaters

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 chicken breast, cut into cubes
  • 3-4 whole white mushrooms, washed and sliced
  • 1 medium sized store-bought pre-baked pizza base
  • 1/2 cup of store-bought bechamel sauce
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheese
  • 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
  • chilli flakes
  • salt and black pepper to taste
  • olive oil
1. Pre-heat your oven according to the instruction of the pizza base. Mine requires the oven to be at 230 degree celcius. 
2. In a pan, cook the chicken on a medium heat with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Doesn't need to be fully cooked because it will finish cooking in the oven. When done, set aside.
3. For the sauce, add the garlic powder and a few sprinkle of chilli flakes into the bechamel sauce and stir until combined. Taste and adjust the amount of seasoning
4. Spread the sauce onto the pizza base but leave the sides untouched to get the crust around the pizza.
5. Put the chicken pieces, mushrooms and shredded cheese on top (add a sprinkle of chilli flakes for for an extra kick!), then carefully put the pizza in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown and the topping is well cooked (look for a melted cheese and sauce on top!)
6. Let it cool a little bit before cutting it. Enjoy!

I found it quiet satisfying to make your own pizza. Although I use storebought pizza base, it gives me more time to experiment with the topping.
Maybe when I have the time and ingredients, I'll try to make my own pizza dough.
I was thinking about putting salmon and fresh herbs as the topping for a more fancy kind of pizza..
This dish is too easy, even Alv is determined to make his own in the future.

Give it a go !

No comments:

Post a Comment